Monday, June 2, 2014

New Beginnings

There is a cool breeze in the air, despite the fact that my Weather Channel app reads 79*. I guess this is one of the many advantages of living about 5 miles away from one of the great lakes. 

May 29, my family and I loaded up a few belongs and headed north, leaving family and friends behind in our former town of London, Kentucky. We drove through Ohio and cheered as we crossed the state line into Michigan.

After a brief stop to visit with my mother in law and my Dad's mother-in-law, we made our way further up north, where my sister-in-law was nice enough to let us stay until we found a place of our own. Her house is beautiful. It's a 4 bedroom, with 3 of the rooms upstairs. That's where we are. The Hubs and I have a room, the girls are sharing a room and Boy Child is crashing on a couch in what could be a living room. This house has quickly become my dream house. There is a huge front porch, a nice back deck overlooking a huge yard, and there is a sun room. That's where I'm at right now.





I am at peace, presently. Yes, I suppose, as someone I know put it, the shine will one day wear off this penny. But for now, I'm at peace. I sleep better. I smile more. 

I'm happy.

This is a new beginning for all of us, even The Hubs, despite this being his hometown. We can live, we can laugh. We can be and we can breath. That's really not so bad.

In Kentucky, I felt like I was suffocating. I wasn't happy there and it wasn't just because of my depression. I just wasn't happy. I never felt at peace with myself, my surroundings. My kids, my family, my health..it all suffered. I felt like a dead battery, drained of any juice to power even the tiniest of things. 

I don't know what tomorrow will bring. I don't know what next month will bring. We may fall flat on our faces. But we had to try. We had to give it a go and see what happened. So far, I've really fallen in love with my surroundings and the time I've spent getting to know my husband's side of the family a little better.

I'm excited for the Fly On The Wall post in a couple of weeks (I couldn't give up my challenges as easily as I thought....), because I'll be able to share some pictures with you. 

Here's to new beginnings.......

3 comments:

  1. I sleep better. I smile more. I'm happy.

    What more is there to ask for?

    So happy for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am fighting back tears from reading this yet another amazing & well written piece ..... I'm so proud of you my baby girl.... When did you grow up? I love that for now you're at peace... I wish only the best for you & family....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to hear you sounding so at peace. It's been a long time coming and you deserve it. Can't wait to see your Fly on the Wall pictures this month.

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Hate it? Tell me here! But know that comments ARE moderated and posted at my discretion.